Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Week One Hundred Three

Hey guys!!

What a great week we have had here in Mumbai, India. Last night we set a family of four on a baptismal date for next month, I am so excited for them and cannot wait to see the pictures. On my mission I have had a good amount of baptisms, but I have had more experiences where I found someone on the streets, referred them to different Elders, and then they eventually got baptized. That will happen again this Sunday as a young college kid named Satyanarayan will be baptized here in Mumbai. I found him while eating dinner on the streets one night.  He was interested in learning English, but was unavailable for our weekly class each Thursday night. I asked him when he had a night off and he replied Sundays. Problem solved, you can learn English by coming to church, listening to people who speak English and are reading the Book of Mormon in English. It took him less than a week to feel something more important than learning English and he's getting baptized into a branch that already loves him. The amount of baptisms a missionary has isn't a measure of their success at all, everyone should know and understand that, but it is what we are here to do, and I love seeing people act on the gospel message of repentance. 

I have loved every minute of being a missionary and I will continue to love it in my final week as a missionary. I have one more email to write...and I will make it a good one. But I have to go to a zone activity now and eat some more vada pavs...time is running short in India...and I'm pretty sad about it.

Love,

Elder Armstrong
Trip to the Taj Mahal
 






No comments:

Post a Comment