Monday, May 21, 2018

Week One Hundred Two

Hello Family and Friends,

I hope and pray that all of you are doing okay and that life is treating you well. I am enjoying the last few weeks of my mission and I cannot get enough of India. I am eating as much Indian food as I can and enjoying all the sights, smells, and blessings of being in this wonderful country. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to write last week, we had the Taj Mahal trip and I got to Skype home, but there was just no time to catch up and write a letter. The Taj Mahal was amazing and I really enjoyed it. At first it's just kind of a big marble structure, but then you walk inside and you're like "wow this is a giant marble structure!" The inside is really amazing, they have these marble flowers carved into the walls that are all multicolored and really intricate. It is way cooler when you learn the history of the building, how old it is, how long it took to build, and then that the entire thing was built just to be a tomb for the guy's wife. Pretty impressive. We had a lot of fun as a group, it's so weird to think that I met these Elders 2 years ago and now here we are, finishing strong together. 

This week as I have been pondering and thinking about my future I've also had the opportunity to think about the past. I am so extremely grateful for the wonderful people that God has placed in my life. I look at every turn of my life I have always been around the best people. From my family, especially my mom and dad, my brothers, to my best friends that I grew up with. I think of church leaders and my mission president, and all of the wonderful people here in India that have blessed my life so much. Life is tough, and one thing that makes it easier is being around people who lift you up and make it easier. You can learn a lesson from everyone you meet, whether it be good or bad. You can also be a blessing to everyone you meet, if you choose to be so. I know I would be nowhere close to this happy if I didn't have the friends and family that I do. I hope that all of us will do our best to thank those who have blessed our lives and helped us when we needed them the most, and that we will try to be that person who reaches out in love towards others. It's kinda crazy how paths cross in this earthly life, but recognizing that we all are children of our heavenly father will help us to take the time to help each other out and push each other forward.

I love this gospel, I love this church, and I know without a doubt it's true. 

Love,

Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment