Monday, April 9, 2018

Week Ninety-Seven


Hey guys!

Conference this weekend was unbelievable; I loved every second of it. Watching it a week late has its downfalls, none of the big announcements were that exciting the second time, but the talks were great. I particularly loved President Nelson's talk on Revelation, and Elder Bednar's talk on Meekness. And as always, Jeffery R Holland was wonderful. I had many questions going into conference and I was excited to get answers, and some of them I did get. Others I didn't, because what I did get is the inspiration and feeling to live and do things in different ways, so that my answers can come to me. I just love our church and the good that it stands for. 

This week was a little slower in the work; the work in Mumbai I feel is very different from Delhi. I believe it's harder here to find people and teach them, but not so much that it's discouraging. It's just enough of a challenge that I get excited about the chance to better myself. In these last few months I want to reach out to as many people as possible, on the local trains, knocking doors, walking the crowded streets, and even encouraging auto drivers to come to our free English class. The more people I talk to the happier I will feel and the more work the Lord can accomplish through me. Time definitely does not slow down for anyone, especially me. Some People say that the first year is slower or the last year is slower, or the last 6 months are slow, etc etc etc. I believe, at least in my case, it has all been way too fast from the very first day. 

This week things went well in the work. We found a few new investigators, Elder Ravi is progressing as a missionary and we are working well as a companionship. This week one thing that has been on my mind since listening to conference has been the need for the Holy Ghost in our lives. I love the message that was conveyed throughout all of conference, that He can be with us at all times, not just sometimes, or when in an emergency, we need Him always to be with us. As a missionary we are literally nothing without Him, everything we do needs to be done by the Spirit, otherwise it isn't the way the Lord wants it to be done. Heavenly Father knows this life is very hard, He knows we are not strong enough to make it alone, that's why he gave us such special gifts, the Gift of His Son, and the Gift of His Spirit. If we follow their counsel we can never go wrong, I hope we all live in a way that we can easily and readily accept the Heavenly Help that He has provided.

Love Elder Armstrong 

No comments:

Post a Comment