Monday, April 16, 2018

Week Ninety-Eight

Hello family and friends,

This week I finally decided to give up on trying to create an American Style Hamburger. We had some pretty bad meat, and it wasn't nice to me. I am finally deciding to throw in the towel and just accept that it cannot be done. I will now wait patiently for a real American Cheeseburger. But that's pretty much how my week went, well besides finding for so many hours in the Indian sunshine. It is so hot, and humid, and I am covered in sweat from the second I get outside each morning. It's hard to even dry off after a shower, I'm just always wet. 

This week our finding efforts were very successful, but we are struggling to get people to attend sacrament meeting. For some it's a pretty big sacrifice to give up the time and money to travel to church for 3 hours on a Sunday morning, we just have to keep looking with faith for those Heavenly Father has prepared. 

Life is good here in India. This week we get to hear from the Prophet and Elder Holland who are visiting Bangalore. They will visit Bangalore and Skype all of us here in the Delhi mission. We will travel from Mumbai to Delhi to have a mission conference and then listen to President Nelson and then come back. I love being here in Mumbai, it's such a great experience, but since coming here I have realized how much I loved Delhi. It really is my home. I am excited to go back even for just a day. 

I have learned from my mission that it is so important to follow the teachings of the prophets. What a miracle it is to have a prophet in our day and to be able to receive guidance and counsel from him so easily, at the blink of an eye we can access all of their teachings and apply them in our lives. I am excited to do that this week and I hope we all make following the Prophet a pattern in our lives. President Nelson is called of God, and is the Lord's chosen servant to lead us to safety in these days. I promise you will never go astray if you follow his counsels.

Love,

Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment