Monday, April 23, 2018

Week Ninety-Nine

Last Transfer of my mission is this week!  Staying in Mumbai with Elder Ravi. 


Hello family,

This week had a lot of great things happen for us here in India. But I'll start with the bad. I fell down a flight of stairs. Yes, I actually fell and tumbled down an entire flight of stairs of about 20 steps. Hurt like you can't believe. My back still hurts and I whacked my elbow about 15 times, it's my bad elbow too. We were just finding and door knocking in some building and all of a sudden my feet were no longer underneath me, but above my head. Really slippery stairs and my shoes are basically flip flops after two years of being destroyed day by day. This Indian auntie came running out so fast yelling "Bhabu bhabu bhabu" She thought it was her son that fell, but as she saw it was me you could see the sigh of relief, and then she turned around and walked away. I think that hurt more than the fall itself. No one cared, my companion laughed, and the day went on. Missionary life is awesome. 

This week we had a Prophet of God visit India. President Nelson, along with Elder Holland were wonderful to listen to. I think many of you may have heard, but they told us that the India temple was not planned until the night before. Saturday night President Nelson received the impression that India should have a temple, and the Twelve didn't even know it yet. What a powerful man who listens to every prompting. Elder Holland was awesome as always, he called us " A real mission" and said he was jealous of the experiences we were having. He should be, India is the best place on Earth. 

It was good to be back in Delhi, even for just a short day. I was able to see some friends and say goodbye to Elder Basil. I will miss him, what a great companion he was and he will do awesome things in Australia. I also got to see Bishop Massey from the Munirka ward, he is one of my favorite people I met on my mission. It was also good to have some of my favorite street food again. Mumbai doesn't have momo's or kathi rolls, so I had to gorge myself while I could. Mumbai is wonderful, and I love it more each day. But Delhi is home. That's where family is. 

Each day goes by faster than the last. The work is good and God is great, I really wish I was a better servant for Him. No matter how much I give I can never give enough and repay Him, because whenever I give He gives back more. That's His character, that's what he does. I feel closer to Him now than I ever have, and yet I have so much more to do. I hope to spend every last second trying to share this feeling with others. I am so thankful for India.

Love,
Elder Armstrong

Even India knows America is a great Country!
Saying Goodbye to Elder Basil.  Such a great companion.  
Me and Elder Basil in Delhi before he goes home to Australia 
Aakash, who we taught by Skype from Kolkatta when I was an AP was baptized by Elder Basil

No comments:

Post a Comment