Monday, February 12, 2018

Week Eighty Nine



Hello Family and Friends!

I hope all of you are doing well and that you are all happy and safe. My week went really well and I can't even begin to tell you how many blessings we are receiving in our mission. The more I am involved in this work the more my testimony grows of the Church and the Restoration. Every lesson I sit through and teach and just think to myself "This is the truth, it just is." And I love teaching the truth! Coming on a mission was the best decision I ever made, looking back now I can't believe I thought of not going. No matter how hard it has been the blessings are always greater.

Today for P Day we are going to Old Delhi. Old Delhi is such a cool place and I could spend forever there, especially eating the food in Pulbangash and Chandni Chowk. Man I love this place! We are going to a really big GuruDwara, which is a Sikh temple. I may have told you before but Sikh people are the coolest and nicest people you will ever meet. Extremely successful people and it's really cool to learn about their religion and their beliefs. We are also going to the Spice Market, that's an interesting place. You can barely breath because the spices are so hot and you just cough the entire time...but it's a must see place. All the general authorities go to Old Delhi when they come, it's such a cool place...I'll have good pictures next week.

ME!
This week we had tons of great experiences, teaching new investigators and helping others learn about the restored gospel. One of my favorite things though about being a missionary is working with the members. I love working with the members in this ward, they seriously are the best and they would do anything for us! I love working with less actives and helping them find their way back to the straight and narrow path. We have seen so much success in that lately and we are seeing less actives come to church that haven't been in 2 or 3 years, and we have others who are starting to give us referrals again. It's so awesome. The people in this country are amazing, but the people in this country who have accepted the gospel are above and beyond the rest. 
Vonya (Member's daughter so funny!)




Vonya's rendition of me
I hope all of you have a good week and stay safe. I know my letters aren't as good as they used to be, we are extremely busy and it really cuts into my mailing time. But I hope all of you know how much I love you and want you to be happy...and I know true happiness comes from the gospel and our Savior Jesus Christ.



Love you!

Elder Armstrong

Editor's Note:  Woke up to pictures from his Pday excursion.  Will post more next week.
Spice Market in Old Delhii
So strong, hard to breathe

Chandni Chowk






 
GuruDwara  Sikh Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment