Monday, February 26, 2018

Twenty-One Month Mark

Hello Family and Friends!

Life is good in Delhi...the heat is coming and it is coming fast. I'm back to swiping my debit card across my face to get the sweat off my forehead, I used to carry a towel but it just gets too wet too fast and then it's no use. I also am going through a stage where I am tired of Indian food....it happens like once every few months. Right now I just want a piece of real American pizza. But in a few days I'll be good with Roti and curry again.

This week was awesome. We found great people and so many blessings were obviously handed down to us. Yesterday we were finding between appointments and we were just going around our focus area looking for buildings to get into. Most of the buildings here have guards, and they never let you in. But yesterday we saw that there was one guard sleeping so we pounced on the opportunity to go into the building. Just as we were walking up the stairs on the second floor the guard noticed and he, as the Indian elders would say "scolded us nicely". We immediately told him that we were visiting the Christian family in the building, not knowing at all whether there would be any Christians there or not. He then thought about it and in Hindi sent us directly to door 304 (theen so char). The family opened the door, spoke great English, had a Christian background, and was interested in Prophets and the Book of Mormon. Pakka (for sure) we were led there by the Spirit and met the family Heavenly Father had prepared for us. I love having experiences like this, it never gets old. 

After that we went and taught another Christian man. He had some interesting beliefs about salvation and agency. It's interesting to me to see so many different beliefs and different ideas, I love to learn about others points of view, but in the end all it does is build my testimony of the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It's true, I know it with all of my heart and I know this work is real. I invite all of you to be a part of the Restoration and to help in the Work of Salvation.

Love,

Elder Armstrong



No comments:

Post a Comment