Monday, February 5, 2018

Week Eighty Eight

Hey guys! What a crazy week we have had!

This week we baptized the George family! They are awesome! Brother George and his wife Usha are so amazing. They are the family from Dehradun, India who have come all the way to Delhi just to investigate the church and to be baptized. They sacrificed so much, gave up so much time and money, just to learn and live the gospel. Their daughters Katiya and Janny are so cool and love the Book of Mormon stories and they enjoy Primary so much. Their family is currently looking to move to Delhi to be closer to the church, but until then they are going to come twice monthly ( a 9 hour drive) to attend sacrament! They will come with Brother Raju and Sister Nirmal and their family. The gospel is so amazing and I will miss so much the opportunity to see it change the lives of these people everyday! 

I heard the Patriots lost in the Super Bowl and to be honest I haven't even thought about football.  I'm sure that would be different if the Cowboys were better and playing. I can't stand the Eagles, so I'm glad I missed this year, but Elder Openshaw is going to lose it. I've never met a bigger Patriots fan, I'm sure he'll be calling me any minute now! ha-ha. But the work here is going amazing, I don't want to leave this area, let alone India. 

Right now we are working with this wonderful family, Brother Susai and his daughter Jayam and son Max. The kids are in their 20's and Jayam has given up on religion and especially Christianity. The father and son are very faithful, but they haven't been involved much in any church. They are from Tamil Nadu and are just such nice people. Max has been building his faith by coming to church, Brother Susai has been building his faith by reading the Book of Mormon each day in his native tongue, Tamil. And Jayam, well she has a lot of questions, but she is slowly warming up to us and you can see she likes the gospel, she's just making it difficult ! ha-ha. They have wonderful fellowship from the members and I am positive they will be baptized, you can already see the gospel starting to change their lives. I love these people and the relationships I have built with them. I'll just never be able to tell you how much I love this place. You'll never feel the same way I do and you'll never understand how much India means to me, but that's okay because God has other people you need to love and other places he needs you to go. We can all serve the Lord each day if we "go where He wants us to go." I'm thankful everyday that I accepted the call to serve in New Delhi.

Love,
 
Elder Armstrong
 
Pictures of the George Family Baptism!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment