Monday, August 14, 2017

Week Sixty -Three



Hey guys!

This week was an awesome week in Delhi. Great work was done in our zone and Elder Openshaw and I found many new investigators, I mean, who wouldn't want to meet with two very handsome white guys who want to help you live a happier life? I guess not many people. The work was great this week and transfers are coming this week. I don't really know what will happen, but it would be awesome to stay in Lajpat with Elder Openshaw and this branch. I just baptized Rabina and Siyon and Elder Karkala is already gone, if I leave that would be sad for them, I think. But we'll cross our fingers. Everything is going great, life is awesome.

Everyday Elder Openshaw and I try to have fun while working, and this week we had a lot of fun. I don't think I've ever climbed as many stairs and knocked as many doors as we did in the tall buildings here in Delhi. My legs are so dead. It doesn't help that its 1000 degrees outside at 1:00pm in the afternoon and that we have to run through the middle of traffic to jump on a moving bus. It's such a fun place to live as a missionary. We even had a guy open the door without pants on and yelled at us to get away. One night as we were exploring deep into our area to find new people and places, we came across this Muslim colony and went into the market. While trying to make it through the market, out of the corner of my eye I saw an Afghani food place and we had to eat there for dinner because Afghani food is the best thing ever. Anyways we walked in and they just had these full chickens slow roasting in a Tandoori barbecue. It was way too tempting, so Elder Openshaw and I decided to sit down and eat an entire chicken together. He got left and I got right and we pounded an entire chicken with some Afghani roti's and it may have been the best meal ever. Crazy things just happen with fun American companions. 

This week I don't have much, Elder D. Todd Christofferson will be here this week and man are we excited to see him. It will be such a great experience to learn from him. We are so blessed to have Prophets and Apostles in our day. If you follow their counsel you can't fall off the straight and narrow path. If you look at the simple things like the Family Proclamation, the teaching they give in General Conference, and the constant counsel they give the members of the church throughout the world, it's easy to see that they are inspired by God and that if we follow them, true peace and happiness follows. I'm thankful that this week I will be able to meet and shake hands with a living witness of the Savior. I hope all of us recognize the blessing it is to have them in our lives, and act on that recognition by reading their teachings and most importantly, following their teachings. 

I love you all...Go Eagles...it's that time of year again.

Elder Armstrong




No comments:

Post a Comment