Monday, August 21, 2017

Week Sixty-Four



Hey guys,

This week was such a good week; anytime you get to meet an Apostle of the Savior Jesus Christ it is a good week. Elder Christofferson is so cool; he was way different than expected. He is just a normal guy who is really good at living the gospel; he has the Spirit with him at all times and teaches with power and authority. It was such a great experience to meet him and shake his hand and to be able to learn from him. He talked a lot about the law of Heaven and obedience to the gospel and how it brings us joy. I know that without laws there could be no happiness or sadness and that God truly would not be God without laws and commandments. I hope we can all learn to love the commandments of God and realize they are given for our blessing.

This week was transfers, and nothing changed for me which was such a great thing to hear. I'm still in Lajpat Nagar with Elder Openshaw.  We have a lot of work to do and it's really fun to do it with a good friend. I am eating well that's for sure; there hasn't been a day so far as companions that we haven't eaten non-veg at least once. Non-veg basically means chicken or mutton, unless we go to the Muslim colonies to get beef. It's so cool to have a companion that shares the same culture as you and is able to talk about football and basketball and still do awesome work. 

Last night I taught the best lesson I have ever taught with Elder Openshaw and two members from our branch.  The lesson was to their friends that they had referred to us and the lesson was so full of the Spirit and they are so accepting and humble, ready to receive help. Their names are Shivangi and her mother (don't know how to spell or pronounce her name yet). But they are so great; they have had their struggles without a father in the home, and with the different issues that are always caused by living in their small little colony. It was great to testify of the Savior and his love, and what opportunities can come when choosing to follow the Savior by being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost. They are progressing really well and we have high hopes for them. 

Sounds like BYU starts off this week, and so does Marsh Valley, I bet it's good to have football season back. Elder Openshaw and I are dying to be there...so count your blessings and realize what a blessing it is from Heavenly Father to have the game of football.;) 

I know what I'm doing is true, and that every day I spend in India is for the benefit of me and my brothers and sisters here in India.  This gospel is either true or it is not, there is no grey area. The Book of Mormon is true or it is not. And I want you to know that I know it's true, however hard it is to understand, or to live, the Gospel is from our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and I've felt it countless times by the Holy Ghost. Please pray and build this testimony for yourself, the Hope and Peace you receive is unbeatable.

Love, 

Elder Armstrong
 
My trainee in the middle and his trainee

Sister members of the New Delhi Stake
Me at the Lotus Temple

Elder Openshaw and me at the Lotus Temple


Kite Flying with the Branch on India's Independence Day





Didn't do so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment