Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week Sixty-Five



HEYYY!!!

This week was just as crazy as crazy as any other week, and crazy things are just normal now.

We got locked in our apartments one night this week because there were riots in Delhi, and the surrounding states. To make  very long story short, a man who is a self proclaimed God, a spiritual leader with many followers, was convicted and sentenced to jail. His followers did not like that at all, and so they started some protests in Delhi. I'm not sure you can check, but I heard just outside of Delhi 30 people died, and some of the Riots were where our sisters are serving and so we were really worried about that. When all this was happening Elder Openshaw and I were just riding in an Auto trying to get home, it was pretty cool.

Congrats to Marsh Valley on a big win over Malad. I'm excited to see lots of wins this year and to see the videos and pictures of Parker playing! Also heard BYU won, but it must have not been that impressive of a win. 

But the most important thing I could say this week is...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! 

Thanks so much for everything you have done for me, and that you still do for me, there are so many day I would do anything to come back home and watch a Jazz game with you and laugh when you yell at the refs, or to help you make dinner, or to help do all the chores around the house because I need an excuse to not go outside and help dad;) I miss all the fun times we had and I promise I'm praying for you and thinking about you all the time. I think it says a lot about the mom who raised a kid who can live in India on his own without a problem, this place is hard to live and it's hard to serve missions, but I know I can make it here because the way I was raised. Thank you so much for everything, and make dad take you out to a nice dinner;)

I hope all of you are reading the Book of Mormon. I promise if it becomes a daily habit to read, everything else in life will improve. Every day I read from the Book of Mormon and I feel like my mind is cleared every time, all the stress goes away, the problems become smaller, and my day is always better. The Book of Mormon is more than just a book. It truly will change your life as you study it and apply it's teachings!

Love 

Elder Armstrong #GoEagles #EveryFallWeRise

No comments:

Post a Comment