Monday, March 19, 2018

Week Ninety Four


Hello everybody!

As all of you know I love my mission very much and I am so thankful for the place in which I was sent by Heavenly Father to do His work. I am also thankful for the time in which he has sent me to do his work. From the time I hurt my arm in high school to this very day, Heavenly Father has had me right on time to be in a place where I could have unforgettable experiences on my mission. I was called to serve on the very day I was ready to leave for the MTC. I was the first to ever come straight to India on a two year visa, without waiting in the states to get it.  The last 20 months I have been exactly where Heavenly Father wanted me to be in every area and with every companion. I was here to see the growth of the church, as Delhi created their first stake and wards became branches and presidents became bishops. And this week I saw another miracle, which just makes my mission an even more wonderful experience. I was transferred to Mumbai. I am, along with Elder Steele from Washington State, one of the first two non overseas citizens of India to serve in Mumbai. Basically that means foreigners could serve here before if they had Indian blood and Indian citizenship, but never could a full on white American serve here full time. Even when I was an assistant we came on exchanges, but could not stay here for an extended period of time. That has now changed and it is now possible for us to serve here without there being any issues with my foreign registry. I am so blessed and the Lord has truly given me so many wonderful opportunities to see his hand in my life. Before we had 6 Elders in Mumbai, but now there are 12 in two separate districts. Our hope is to split the branch into two branches as Mumbai continues to grow. I have been assigned to be the District Leader over the Ghatkopar District and I will also be training a new Elder, Elder Ravi.

Elder Ravi is from Bangalore, or Bangaluru whichever you want to say. He speaks Kannada, Tamil, Telegu, English, and Hindi. He is going to be a great missionary. Before the mission he was in his branch presidency as the second counselor and he is just 22 years old. He is excited just like me to be serving in Mumbai and to be out preaching the gospel and baptizing! 

Mumbai is great so far. It is hot and humid, there are cockroaches everywhere, and my bed is broken so I sleep on a mattress on the floor. The apartment is really nice though, we are lucky to have it. But life is great and I love this place. I love the branch already and I am excited to be here to baptize and help them grow. The food in Mumbai is better and cheaper than Delhi. I think I might sweat all my fat off this summer if I don't eat too much Vada Pav and Shwarma. Life is great and I look forward to telling you many stories from my time here in these last few months. I love you all and I am thankful for your prayers.

Love,

Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment