Monday, May 1, 2017

11 Month Mark



Hey family, guess who just hit 11 months in the mission field? This guy did. Also guess who is amazing at cricket and just schooled some Indian missionaries in a zone activity? This guy again. 

Ummmm first off, I was born in 1997. My favorite teams my entire life have been the Dallas Cowboys and the Utah Jazz. I love them more than most people would agree is acceptable. And after 20 years of cheering them on, through every stinking loss, and win, and heartbreak, and ups and downs...mostly downs...Heavenly Father sent me on a mission. And what happens next? They start winning! Both teams! A lot! And then they go to the playoffs and have all star players. What is this? Heavenly Father must have a sense of humor, and I am sure He is laughing with every point Gordon Hayward scores and every touchdown the Cowboys have;)

This week wasn't so hot, we actually had a few rain showers which brought some wind and that was nice, but the rain didn't last very long and so that just made everything humid after it left. I look like a tomato and my hair is getting more blonde by the day in the sunshine. But that's all a part of the Indians "Show Piece" nickname they gave me. Everyone here has black hair so I stick out like crazy, also I got told that I had beautiful eyes this week by members and investigators, blue eyes are only seen in Hollywood movies for these guys. 

Thank you mom so much for the package you sent this week, besides the Utah Utes tie. That will be burned as soon as Elder Openshaw and I meet each other again. Yuck. Go Cougs. Also Grandma I got your letters and they are awesome. Yes it takes a few weeks to get them out to where I am serving, but they mean everything to me and I will gladly accept any letters from anyone!

This week was good and I have no complaints except the nasty water, but everything else is normal and going well! Shiva Ji and our other investigators are progressing well, I love teaching so much and we finally have built our teaching pool to a steady level. It's nice to get inside and teach and not be walking all day knocking doors and getting rejected. 

This week I don't have much to say and I am short on time so I just wanted to tell you how important it is to have a favorite hymn. It sounds dumb to some, and perfectly logical to others. But after living in this crazy city for 11 months, and it is so loud here, it's nice to be able to walk down the roads humming a hymn to yourself as you look for someone who may be interested. My personal favorites are Come Ye Children of the Lord and Now Let Us Rejoice. #58 and #3 They are just happy and uplifting hymns full of hope in the future and the Second Coming. And they are perfect to have always in mind to bring to remembrance in case I get stressed or overwhelmed in India. Find your favorite hymn, study the words, they can bring peace, they can turn away temptation, they can bring happy thoughts.

I love you guys...I love the Jazz...and you better #TAKENOTE

Elder Armstrong 


No comments:

Post a Comment