Monday, January 16, 2017

Week Thirty-Three



Hello Family,

I'm really sad right now because I just got the news about the Cowboys game. There's always another year I guess...maybe they’re waiting for me to get back home. A last second field goal loss in the playoffs isn't a bad way to end your season when you’re being led by rookies. Proud of my team, now I'm looking forward to a Jazz Championship run. Never Doubt. 

This week was a normal week of proselyting and teaching and helping. We are doing so much work trying to finalize everything here in Delhi to become a stake here in the next few months. We received some great news that Elder Funk and Elder Evans of the Asia Area Presidency, Linda K. Burton the General Relief Society President, and Bonnie H. Cordon, second counselor of the General Primary Presidency will be here next month. They will be here to provide training for the members to strengthen them before we have a stake, but we will be helping them do that and we will also have a missionary meeting with them which will be so cool. We are excited for everything happening here in Delhi. 

Transfers are this week and more likely than not I will be in a new area next week. Dwarka has been great and I love it here, I love the branch and the people, but a new area will be an exciting thing to see. I wanted to leave every area I served better than the way I found it, and there have been many hours put into helping, so I think I accomplished my goal. And if I stay, I'm ready to put in more work. 

This week I was thinking a lot about Discipline. You can't really find a good scripture with Discipline in it but it's a very important in anyone’s life. Discipline is the ability to control yourself and do the things that aren't the easiest, but are for your own good. It's never easy to get over bad habits, or fulfill a calling in church, or to work out and exercise. There are things in life that are a struggle to do, even when they are for our own best interest. We want to do them, we want to be that person, but we have to discipline ourselves, because it is not easy. Growing up I had to discipline myself to be better every day at my sports. Killing myself in wrestling season to get every ounce of weight off of me. Running in the mornings with hoodies on and running all night at the school because I was trying to drop an entire weight class over night before a tournament the next day. I lived for wrestling and I wanted to win so bad, but it took discipline to get there. I want to be a good missionary, and in the future a good father and husband, but it takes discipline to get there. Every good disciple is disciplined. Whatever you want in life that is good for you doesn't always come easy, but the pain of Discipline is far less than the pain of regret. 
Armstrong in PunJabi

Love you all. Cowboys Forever. 

Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment