Monday, January 2, 2017

7 Month Mark

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!



Hey Family and Friends!

Pday comes around so often it's crazy, I feel like just yesterday I talked to my family on Skype and was celebrating Christmas and now I'm celebrating New Year's and my 7 month mark. Time flies by so fast, and now I have all of 2017 in Delhi. 

This week was a normal week with a normal missionary schedule, not much happened I feel like. I used to have so many crazy stories to tell you, and I don't know if those crazy stories and experiences just stopped happening or if I’ve just got used to living in India. I mean I still look around every once in a while and wonder how in the world I got here, I feel like I'm in Iraq some days depending on where I am teaching. I still get in arguments with political parties who don't like the missionaries, but my Hindi is a little better now so I can handle myself until they leave me alone. There are monkeys everywhere and everything looks like a world war two movie, it really is an interesting place. The most interesting thing that happened this week was my investigators Badal and Sourav took us to their institution where they teach kids at night and on the weekends that need extra help and practice or just time to do their homework. It's in a pretty sketchy neighborhood and all of the kids wanted to take selfies with me. I helped them with math for about 20 minutes before teaching a lesson to my investigators. Every day is different, but every day is fun. 
 
Sometimes, feeling like I'm in Iraq


 This week I was reading and preparing for lessons and I came across one of my favorite scriptures. Doctrine and Covenants 90:24 “Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good.”  I love this scripture because I feel like I can relate to it.  As 2017 starts many people are making resolutions and although I never was a fan of resolutions, I have always liked making goals.  I have always loved to be positive and trust in Heavenly Father, to be believing. But sometimes that’s a hard thing to do, especially when life gets tough.


I can remember times where my Jazz have been down 9 points with 4.6 seconds on the clock and most people would turn the TV off and get angry and yell at the coach. But I was always trying to figure out how many points the Jazz needed to score each second to hit a game winner.  I was doing my best to believe in my team, that all things would work out, and that something amazing would happen.  I always have been and always will be a little too optimistic.  But similarly, there are times in life where we feel like we are down 9 points with 4.6 seconds left and we just want to turn the TV off.  We want to yell at the coach, say that the refs were horrible, and that we can never catch a break. 


I have felt that a few times in my mission and I am sure you have too in regular life.  But I promise you that all things will work together for your good.  If only you search diligently, pray always, and be believing.  Believe that good things and miracles can happen in your life, because before you know it, you’re in India happier than ever and your Dallas Cowboys are the best in the NFC and looking for a Super Bowl run.  I haven’t watched a single game this season, but I believe they will win it all.  (I may even have a ten rupee bet on it.)

Life gets hard, it’s a fact.  Just believe and trust in your Heavenly Father.  2017 has a lot in store for all of us, and all things shall work together for your good if you believe.

How bout them Cowboys.

Love, Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment