Monday, December 11, 2017

Week Eighty



Hey guys!!

It's been another awesome week in Delhi; things are in full Christmas mode in my apartment and in our missionary life. We are doing a lot to get the Light the World Initiative going here in Delhi. It's such a good way for members and missionaries to get into the Christmas spirit, especially when some of them are celebrating Christmas for the first time. It's the best time of year and even here in India you can feel that same old Christmas spirit when you start thinking of others rather than yourself. It's the best time to share the gospel with friends and family and that's exactly what is happening here in Delhi, lots of referrals and lots of appointments to go to. 

This last week we had our Mission Leadership Council meeting and this upcoming week we will be having zone conferences. There is always a lot going on...last year I was so homesick at Christmas time, but this year I haven't even thought about home. I looked at the date today and saw that it was the 11th and I couldn't believe how fast time is going. 

I hope all of you will take the time to spend with your family at this time of year. I would do just about anything to be home with family, although I know I need to be here. This is the time of year where we show our family how much they mean to us, and we should do that all year long, but especially during Christmas time. Watch elf, and home alone, and a Christmas story, watch all the family movies you can. Drink hot chocolate and egg nog. Go to temple square and see the lights, have family get togethers and parties. It's honestly not about the money you spend, and that's something we hear every Christmas but it's true. The best thing you can give is time. I cannot tell you how much I wish I gave more time for my family. I know they always did their best to give time for me, but I think I was always a little difficult to work with. Don't be that person this Christmas, give time, be there for your friends and family, serve them and love them, you'll be happy you did. 

I love you guys,

Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment