Monday, November 20, 2017

Week Seventy-Seven

Hello family!

I hope everyone is doing well and that you are all excited for a wonderful thanksgiving week!! I hope the feast has begun and that you are all ready to enjoy the holiday season. This year I will not be eating rice and vegetables for my thanksgiving dinner, I have found a way to get a dinner appointment with an American family who is here working at the U.S. Embassy. We are going to have some imported turkey and I heard there will be pie! I just wish I could get some of my mom's sweet potatoes with that brown sugar stuff she puts on it...I would do anything for some of that right now. But I am really excited and it should be a fun time, if anything I hope I don't start missing home and American food.

This week was extremely busy and crazy. There have been a lot of late nights and early mornings. We had some new missionaries come in this week and we had to get them in at about 3 am, that was an adventure...they are just about as shocked to be in India as I was...someday they'll be used to it. ha-ha. We have a lot to do and just not enough time in the day to do it all, but it keeps me busy and going strong. Last year around the holidays the work got a little slow and it was real easy to think about home...this year I think they will fly by without any problem. Elder Dass and I are excited for Christmas...you can already hear David Archuletta and the Motab choir singing Christmas hymns in our apartment...super excited!


The lady I talked about in last weeks letter, Sister Shakuntala and next to me her son Maneesh (now sober) Sister Shakuntala reminds me so much of Mrs. Vaughan

This week I don't have much time, I have to go eat lunch with some of the other Elders! I'm starving! But I do want you to know that this week is a special week. There is nothing better than being around family this time of the year. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday to be with family and friends and to give thanks for all the the Lord has given us. I hope all of you will take time throughout the week to think about your blessings, and to thank the Lord for them. I also hope you'll take the time to thank the people in your life who bring so many blessings to you and your family. The holidays are a time of love and service and I hope all of you can share that with the people you love. 

This year I am thankful for my mission, and the wonderful opportunity it has been for me to be a missionary for this church, in this place. I love India, I've said it since the day I got here and I will say it until the day I die, I was sent here by my Heavenly Father. I have seen and felt and experienced things that have changed my life forever, and I will come back home a different person because of the mission I served. I am forever grateful for this chance I have been given to teach the gospel to the people of India. I am extremely grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the strength that I can receive from accessing it through constant prayer and study. I am thankful that tomorrow I can be better than today, I am grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to come closer to Him, and I hope we can all feel a little more grateful for the Love the Lord gives us. 

Have a great week, eat tons of food, and enjoy this wonderful time of year!

Love,

Elder Armstrong

Me and Elder Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment