Monday, June 5, 2017

Week Fifty-Three



Hey Family,

Me and Elder Karkala, My New Companion

Goofing off at KFC
This week was one to remember that's for sure. One year down and officially on the countdown, I am so scared that it will be here before I'm ready to go home. But we had a lot of fun celebrating my year mark and we had a big dinner with tons of chicken and thums up! I have some really great friends here in India and I was so happy I got to celebrate with them! I also got to share it with my MTC companion Eder Stephens.  We live in the apartment together.  It’s great and of course burning my shirt was awesome.

Me and Elder Stephens (MTC Comps)

Getting Ready to Burn our Shirts
This week was extremely hot...triple digits everyday now, and there honestly is no trick or tip to beating the heat. You just endure it. You can't do anything else, and it gets easier if you focus on something else. We have AC in our new apartment, way better than Noida, and it's a really nice apartment, but right now we are having water problems.  Our water pump isn’t working and I haven't showered in two days.  We have to walk to the church to use the washroom. It's crazy and we hope it gets fixed soon, but it may be a few more days before I take a shower again. 

The work I get to do now as a zone leader has increased and has kept me busy, which is nice, the days go by quicker and you feel good when you are working. We also had a baptism yesterday for a kid named Aman. He is 18 years old and he was taught by Elder Karkala last transfer and I just kind of walked into the baptism, but he is a good kid and I have had fun teaching him the few follow up lessons. We also tease Elder Karkala that he is the cleanest in the apartment since he got to do the baptism and we have no water.

Notice the more upscale baptismal font in the background
Baptism of Aman

 
Not much other news this week, just enjoying my mission and doing my best to help people. Not everyone will accept the gospel, but I just follow the Savior and "Go about Doing Good" I feel like that's something all of us can emulate from our Greatest Exemplar. We may not be the best at everything and we may not have the strongest testimonies in the world, but we all know the difference between right and wrong. So go about doing good!  You will be blessed for simply being a good person and you will feel the Love of Christ grow in you.

Love, 

Elder Armstrong








More pictures from last P-day

 


Billboard in India








No comments:

Post a Comment