Monday, April 17, 2017

Week Forty-Six



Hello Family!! 

This week brought transfers and I am still in Noida with Elder Mani and I am still the District Leader. Noida is tough still and there are a lot of downsides to being here, but we focus on the positives. Yesterday we set a goal to have 25 people at Sacrament meeting every week, we have high hopes to reach our goals. Transfers happened and we lost some good missionaries. Elder Dusara went home and he will be missed, but I'm excited for him to be back in Seattle watching the Seahawks. If we have counted correctly we now have 39 missionaries in Delhi, 6 in Mumbai, and 7 in Pakistan. So that's my entire mission if you didn't know. We are really low and all the news from the mission office points to no new missionaries for a few months. Satan is doing everything possible to stop the India New Delhi stake from forming, but we know who will win. 

Things are going great here for the most part, I have no complaints. Wait, yes I do, it hit 108 degrees this week. I will gladly complain about that.  I'm as Indian as ever and I speak awful English unless I actually try to speak like a normal person. But if I'm naturally just flowing, I speak like an Indian. I haven't lived with an American for over 6 months, and after this transfer and the shortage of missionaries it could be 6 months or so until I live with a white person again. 

Yessssssss JAZZZZZZ!!!!! Oh man do I miss them. I am so happy they are having success and especially getting some wins in the playoffs, I hope you are watching for me.  Yell real loud, I miss it so much. 

This week I was actually going through my wallet where I have kept my old Jazz tickets from the games I went to last season with friends. I was remembering those great nights (beating Kobe by 40) and all the fun we had, I also had tickets from the BYU football game me and my family went to. I had such a blessed life and I am so thankful for the things I was able to do and see growing up, but in my wallet was something else that I hold tightly and that was my temple recommend. 
 
In India we have no temple...the closest being Hong Kong and soon the Thailand temple. And the theme lately that keeps coming up is temples. Pocatello is getting a temple, there was a lesson in church about temples, we teach families about temples, and then in the midst of day dreaming about my Jazz winning 10 championships in a row, I saw my temple recommend. I am so grateful for it, and it means so much to me. 

The temple is such a special place, and it seriously is the House of the Lord. I cannot wait to go back to the temple, and I am amazed at how many families here save everything they have to fly to Hong Kong and get sealed together. They simply can't wait until a temple comes to India. But even if they cannot go to the temple, we teach them how important it is to have a valid temple recommend anyways, always on hand. It is so important to know that you are worthy to enter the temple, even if you cannot go often or at all. I promise if you live by the standards of holding a temple recommend you will never fall of the straight and narrow. Always have it with you, always live worthy of it, and always strive to attend the temple. The blessings are real, the power is real, and living worthy to be there, is something we can't treat lightly.

Go Jazz, or #TakeNote I guess is the slogan, I like it. 
It's good to be in the playoffs, it's better to be in India. 

Elder Armstrong
 
Helping the family move and riding on top of their belongings.
Lovely Canal
Holi

No comments:

Post a Comment