Sunday, February 19, 2017

Week Thirty-Eight

Hello Family,



Hello from the craziest place in the world, where another week just seemed to go bye in the blink of an eye. I usually start with the craziest things that happened in my life during the week...so here goes nothing. 

I just ran through a misty waterfall coming from an unknown destination about five stories up when walking through the alley way that gets you to the cyber. I don't know what was in that water, but I want to go home and shower as fast as possible because I smell like you wouldn't believe, but even my water smells bad. I don't know what to do. Then we had a baptism yesterday that was almost postponed! The font is on the roof of the building and the trees next to the church had a bunch of baby monkeys in them.  The mother was very angry when she saw us close by. Never thought I would say that happened on my mission. Then the funniest thing ever happened. We were coming home one night at like 9:45pm from an appointment and we got an auto ride, but the driver was way more drunk than we initially thought. They are always drunk, but this guy was hammered. Anyways he couldn't believe he was driving an American in his auto and we eventually had to take the wheel from him because our lives were in danger. Then as we were driving we convinced him that I would dance at his wedding!  It was hilarious and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Anyways, he was a good guy!  We gave him his money and handed him over to some other auto drivers that wouldn’t let him drive anymore that night. I love India.

Anyways the biggest news from this week was the baptism of Meenuka. She is seriously so great. She has been my first investigator that you could just tell wanted to find the truth. She has searched her whole life and after two baptisms and hours of studying the Bible and other literature, she found us. She had her 3rd and final baptism yesterday and now has everything she has ever wanted. She is already in Mosiah in the Book of Mormon and calls us every day with questions and we love to answer them. She was freaking out when she downloaded the Gospel Library App so she can read the scriptures in the metro on the way to University. She just has such a desire to learn about the gospel, I've never seen anything like it. In her testimony yesterday she simply said "I've searched for a long time for the truth, because it's important to know the truth, and I found it”. You can't imagine how happy my companions and I were...this is huge for Noida and for her and us. Extremely excited! 

This week I was thinking about how fast time has gone on my mission. I was thinking about how much I've experienced in such a short time, how much I've learned and how much I've grown. The Savior doesn't need me for this work, he could do it all himself. I'm useless honestly. But he has given me this opportunity to serve a mission, help others, and feel the joy of the gospel. In a bigger picture Heavenly Father has given us this Plan of Happiness.  He has given us something so special. Time! Everyone has time, but how we spend that time depends on us, and how much time we get is up to God. Are we using our time wisely? Are we doing good? Are we trying to become closer to our Savior? We only have so much time to do the things we need to do. I say all the time that I have 2 years...and it's less than that now. I don't want to go home and regret for the rest of my life that I didn't use my time wisely, and in the bigger picture I don't want to be in the next life looking back with regrets of how I took advantage of my opportunities. The Lord said "Cease to be idle". So I hope we don't miss our chances here on Earth to do good. You can change and you can do things that will change your life.

Do something worthwhile this week. Set goals and beat them. Read the Book of Mormon. Be a good person. It always pays off in the end.

Love Elder Armstrong (Go Jazz!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment